RCDR is committed to provide Professional Education and Development Programs which are accredited by the MOH aiming to improve the quality of diabetes patient care in the UAE. The education is targeted at primary healthcare and other professionals in the UAE working with diabetes and obesity care including, but not limited to physicians, diabetes nurse educators, general nurses, dietitians, pharmacists. The objective of these programs is to update their knowledge within the field and provide them with the latest evidence and treatment guidelines. Participating individuals have been granted CME credits.
Over the course of the first year, RCDR has provided lectures and conferences for professionals on the following subjects:
- Epidemiology Pathophysiology and Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes diagnostics and classification
- Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Type 1 Diabetes Management
- Incretins, Incretin Mimetics and DPP4 Inhibitors
- Diabetes and the Eye
- Diabetes and the Foot
- Diabetes during Ramadan
- Management of Acute Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Education courses in collaboration with IDF
- Obesity Management
- Bariatric Surgery
- Tissue management in Laparoscopic Surgery
In affiliation with Lund University in Sweden, two international conferences have been conducted targeting professionals in the GCC region
- The first international conference, focusing on delayed Gastric Emptying – a diabetes complication, was conducted under the patronage of H.H Sheikh Humaid Al Nuaimi, The ruler of Ajman in November 2010.
- The second conference, “Reaching Out and Implementing Models for Diabetes and Obesity Care in the UAE”, presented by RCDR and members of the Medical Advisory Board from Sweden, was held in February 2011.